DENTAL DAY 2019
Each year, the Kansas Dental Association designs this one-day event to allow members to visit with legislators and learn about the political process, while helping shape legislation affecting the dental profession.
This year, the Fifth District is looking into chartering a bus to transport members and dental students to Topeka, providing an opportunity for experienced attenders to partner with newcomers through the day's events. We need to put some numbers together, so if you are interested in riding a bus together to attend Dental Day, email Nedra Sparks.
Dr. Craig Herre Elected ADA 2nd Vice President
On October 22, Fifth District Past President Dr. Craig Herre was elected ADA 2nd Vice President. Dr. Herre is a general dentist practicing in Leawood, a lifelong resident of Kansas, and a KDA Past President.
Dr. Herre recently served as Chairman of the ADA Council on Communications, and currently serves as Chairman of the KDA Council on Peer Review. Congratulations, Dr. Herre!
Changes in 2019-20
The Fifth District Study Club series will go from five sessions per year to two beginning September 2019. If you have questions or would like more information, contact Program Chair Mitch Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018-19 STUDY CLUB PROGRAMS
THE FOLLOWING STUDY CLUB EVENTS WILL BE HELD AT THE OVERLAND PARK MARRIOTT:
Monday, January 14, 2019 "Dental Occlusion: It Can Make You or Break You!" presented by Dr. DeWitt C. Wilkerson, DMD
Monday, February 11, 2019 "The Restorative Partnership" presented by Sheri Kay, RDH
Monday, March 25, 2019 "Ethics, Fraud and Public Health--What Does that Have to Do with Me?" presented by Dr. Cathleen Taylor-Osborne, DDS, MA, FACD, plus "Ethics, Identity Theft and Fraud" presented by Mr. Steven Anderson, Special Agent to the Kansas Attorney General Office
2018-19 MEETINGS AND EVENTS
- November 9, 2018 KDA Board of Delegates Meeting, Emporia, KS
- February 7, 2019 Dental Day, Topeka, KS
- February 7, 2019 KDA Board of Delegates Meeting, Topeka, KS
- March 22, 2019 KDA Board of Delegates Meeting, Sheraton Crown Center
- March 23, 2019 KDA General Assembly, Sheraton Crown Center
- March 23, 2019 KDA Board of Delegates Meeting, Sheraton Crown Center
- April 26-27, 2019 Kansas Mission of Mercy, Pittsburg, KS
- September 13, 2019 Annual Golf Classic--Contact Dr. Karl Breuckmann
- September 20, 2019 Study Club Program
- February 28, 2020 Study Club Program
- September 17-18, 2020 Dental Symposium with GKCDS
2018-19 FIFTH DISTRICT EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETINGS
Meetings will be held at Chad Bulleigh's office, 14424 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS
GREATER KANSAS CITY CE CALENDAR
An added benefit to living in the Kansas City metro area is the availability of quality CE programs through our sister organization in Missouri, Greater Kansas City Dental Society. For more information, call 816.737.5353 or email email@example.com.
- November 9, 2018 Sleep Apnea Lecture with Alan Blanton, DDS
- January 11, 2019 Health/Nutrition Lecture with David Meinz, MS, RDN, FAND
- February 8, 2019 Cariology Lecture with Brian Novy, DDS
- April 12, 2019 Ethical Treatment Planning Lecture
- June 7, 2019 OSHA Lecture