Friday, September 20
The Digital Age of Dentistry
Presented by Dr. Michael Noffze
Sponsored by Straumann
Don't miss the first Study Club program of 2019-20! Sign up now!
Brief Course Description:
Technology is changing the world of dentistry and our everyday lives. We will explore the impact these innovations have had on the practice of dentistry and dental implant surgery. We will also glimpse into the future of our profession to see how digital workflows will continue to transform the way we provide patient care. This lecture style course will encourage all participants to think about the challenging opportunities before us, and to truly evaluate them for their ability to improve the lives of our patients, and to enhance our great profession. Full description on registration form.
Door prizes throughout the event and a happy hour drink ticket afterwards!
Register by September 10, 2019.
TIME: 8:00am to 4:30pm
Every Member Invited to the Annual Meeting
The Annual Business Meeting is a great way to network, hear the latest KDA news, welcome newcomers and honor fellow members. And it includes a FREE lunch! September 20, 11:30am to 1:00pm at GRID Collaborative Workspace, 12022 Blue Valley Pkwy, Overland Park.
Sign up HERE today!
Prepay & Save $200!
A 2019-20 Study Club Season Membership entitles you to attend both Friday programs (8 CE hours per program) offered 9/20/19 and 2/28/20, a buffet lunch, a happy hour drink, and door prizes.
Download the registration form HERE and return ASAP.
Dr. and Mrs. Chad Bulleigh will host the 2019 President's Social at Topgolf this year!
Thursday, October 3, 7:00pm to 10:00pm
This event is complimentary to Fifth District members and their dates. Topgolf is located at 10611 Nall Ave. in Overland Park.
Watch for your Evite or sign up HERE.
New Study Club Venue!
GRID Collaborative Workspace will be the location of our 2019-20 Study Club programs September 20 and February 28. With a great vibe and award-winning catering, you're sure to enjoy the setting!
VIEW 2019-20 PROGRAM BROCHURE
Annual Golf Classic Friday, September 13
Golfers may begin checking in at 7:30am at Prairie Highlands Golf Course in Olathe. Shotgun start at 8:30am and lunch will be delivered on the course at 11:00am. Be sure to stay for the awards and raffle at 2:00pm--must be present to win!
Last minute sign up? Contact Karl Breuckmann at 913.782.6533.
Website and Social Media
We are looking for people willing to bring fresh ideas and social media skills to a newly formed Website and Social Media Committee. For more information, contact Andrew Moore
or Nedra Sparks.
A Note from Executive Director
Are you wondering about the difference between Fifth District membership and Study Club Season Membership?
You're not alone! Here's a brief synopsis:
- If you pay annual ADA membership dues through the KDA and your primary practice is in Johnson, Miami, Linn, or Franklin County, you are a member of the Fifth District Dental Society, which is the local chapter of the ADA and KDA.
- Each school year, the Fifth District offers live CE courses locally that we call Study Club. ADA members are eligible to prepay for these courses at a discounted rate, aka Study Club Season Membership.
You are always welcome to contact me if you have any questions or need clarification. I'm here to help!
The Fifth District is honored to welcome the following new members:
Dr. Elizabeth Hechler, Olathe
Dr. Pinky Kingrani, Overland Park
Dr. Rachel Loggan, Shawnee
Dr. McKenzie Swan, Shawnee
Dr. Anne Tampke, Olathe
If you would be interested in providing dental services on a per diem basis, please contact our Emergency Practice Aid Director, Dr. Mike Klein, 913.681.8138, or Nedra Sparks, 913.338.2227, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American College of Dentists is a great resource for free online dental ethics courses.
Fifth District Calendar
2019-20 STUDY CLUB PROGRAMS
The following Study Club programs will be held at GRID Collaborative Workspace,
12022 Blue Valley Pkwy, Overland Park, KS 66213:
Friday, September 20, 2019 Dr. Michael Noffze will present The Digital Age of Dentistry, sponsored by Straumann. The program will run from 8:00am to 4:30pm, followed by happy hour. Registration Form
Friday, February 28, 2020 Dr. Kevin Kwiecien will present Health Centered Dentistry in the Digital World. The program will run from 8:00am to 4:00pm, followed by happy hour.
2019-20 MEETINGS AND EVENTS
- September 13, 2019 Annual Golf Classic--Contact Dr. Karl Breuckmann
- September 20, 2019 Study Club Program at GRID Collaborative Workspace, OP
- September 20, 2019 Annual Business Meeting & Lunch
- October 3, 2019 Annual President's Social at Topgolf
- October 18, 2019 KDA Board of Trustees Meeting in Manhattan, KS
- January 30, 2020 KDA Board of Trustees Meeting in Topeka, KS
- February 28, 2020 Study Club Program at GRID Collaborative Workspace, OP
- April 17-18, 2020 KDA Board of Trustees Meeting in Kansas City, MO
- September 17-18, 2020 Dental Symposium with GKCDS
FIFTH DISTRICT EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETINGS
- October 1, 2019 at Jenkins & LeBlanc Overland Park Office
- November 5, 2019 at Jenkins & LeBlanc Overland Park Office
- January 7, 2020 at Jenkins & LeBlanc Overland Park Office
- February 4, 2020 at Jenkins & LeBlanc Overland Park Office
- April 7, 2020 at Jenkins & LeBlanc Overland Park Office
- June 2, 2020 at Jenkins & LeBlanc Overland Park Office
- August 4, 2020 at Jenkins & LeBlanc Overland Park Office
GREATER KANSAS CITY CE CALENDAR
An added benefit to living in the Kansas City metro area is the availability of quality CE programs through our sister organization in Missouri, Greater Kansas City Dental Society. For more information, call 816.737.5353 or email email@example.com.
- September 20, 2019 Practice Management Lecture
- October 11, 2019 Occlusion/TMD & Technology Lectures
- November 22, 2019 Oral Surgery Lecture