Purchase Your Study Club Season Membership by January 15 to Save Even More!
Study Club Season Membership entitles you to attend both 2021 CE programs for one flat fee of $500 ($425 if paid by January 15, 2021). That's a savings of $200 over the regular tuition fee! Click here to download the sign up form. (Life, Retired, & Recent Grads: special rates are listed on the form.)
Two In-Person Programs Scheduled for 2021
#1: Friday, March 5, 2021
at The Venue in Leawood
"Grow New Eyes to See Your Airway Cases and Revenues"
Presented by Dr. Felix Liao
Appropriate for the Entire Dental Team
Friday, March 5, 2021, 8am to 4pm
The Venue in Leawood, 4800 W 135th St #108
#2: Friday, September 17, 2021 at Sheraton Overland Park
PLUS a Cocktail Reception & Hall of Exhibits Thursday Evening!
KANSAS CITY DENTAL SYMPOSIUM
In Partnership with Greater Kansas City Dental Society
This event will feature both practice management and clinical topics featuring the following speakers:
The Four Keys to Master Treatment Acceptance
Great for the Entire Dental Team!
Kirk Behrendt, ACT Dental
Cutting Edge Technology with Digital Design and Real World Cosmetic Dentistry: Faults, Failures, and Fixes
PLUS Afternoon Lab (Additional Lab Fee):
Composite Artistry: Mastering Posterior & Anterior Techniques for Direct Composite and Creating Undetectable Restorations
Joyce Bassett, DDS
For course descriptions and more information, download the Study Club Brochure.
For the most current information on COVID-19 and dentistry, go to ada.org/virus and ksdental.org.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information.
- Johnson County Department of Health & Environment (JCDHE) is asking Johnson County health care practices to indicate interest in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine for staff members. One representative from each office is asked to complete an online survey.
- Kansas has completed its preliminary vaccination plan, and although it does not specify "oral health" or "dental" worker, it follows CDC guidance listing "healthcare providers" in Phase 1-A (see chart below). The plan recognizes the vaccine supply in the early stages will be limited, so hospital workers and first responders are likely prioritized ahead of dental personnel. The KDA has offered assistance to the Kansas Emergency Management office and local health departments and will communicate details about distribution, etc. as they become available, so watch your inbox for KDA updates.
- The ADA released a vaccine fact sheet in mid-December.
ADA's COVID-19 Response: We've got your back. Always. The COVID-19 pandemic hit the dental profession with unprecedented clinical and economic challenges. The ADA community rallied with resources, guidance, science and unwavering support. Watch this video to hear members’ stories in their own words.
Provider Relief Funds. HHS launched Phase 3 of its Provider Relief Fund distributions Dec. 16, stating that calculations will take into account revenue losses and expenses attributable to the COVID-19 pandemic. Previous applicants are invited to seek additional funding, according to ADA News, which said the ADA worked closely with HHS and the Health Resources and Services Administration to ensure dentists were included. Full Story: ADA News (12/16)
ADA Code of Conduct Updated
The update includes guidelines for public health crises. Read the article in ADA News for more information or check out the official document.
It's Dues Time!
It's time to pay association dues for membership in the ADA, KDA, and Fifth District. Go to the KDA Member Center for more information.
Fifth District Directories
Fifth District member and specialty directories are posted on our website.
To access the locked content, use your ADA login information.
Fifth District Calendar
2021 STUDY CLUB PROGRAMS
March 5 Fifth District CE program with Dr. Felix Liao
September 17 Kansas City Area Dental Symposium with GKCDS
FIFTH DISTRICT EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETINGS
All 2020-21 Council Meetings will be held at the office of Kate Stanley (unless otherwise noted), 8575 W 110th St #310, Overland Park
January 5, 2021
February 2, 2021
April 6, 2021
June 1, 2021
August 3, 2021
GREATER KANSAS CITY CE CALENDAR
An added benefit to living in the Kansas City metro area is the availability of quality CE programs through our sister organization in Missouri, Greater Kansas City Dental Society. For more information, call 816.737.5353 or email email@example.com.
GKCDS will be hosting four virtual programs in the first half of 2021. Each will be three hours long in the morning and will involve a dynamic Q&A at the end of the lecture. The half-year package is $150 for ADA dentists or $50 per program a la carte. Staff attendance is $25 per course.
- January 15th, 2021 Dr. Doug Schulz on Technology
- February 12th, 2021 Dr. Todd Snyder on Restorative/Cosmetic Dentistry
- March 12th, 2021 Dr. James & Mrs. Joan O'Keefe on Heart Health & Nutrition
- June 11th, 2021 OSHA Topic; Speaker TBD