ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING and PRESIDENT'S SOCIAL
Thursday, September 24
Somerset Wine & Cider Bar
311 E 135th St, KCMO 64145
6:00 to 7:00pm - Meeting
7:00 to 10:00pm - Social
This year, the Annual Business Meeting will be held the same evening as our President's Social at a delightful outdoor venue in Martin City. Our hosts at Somerset Wine & Cider Bar will work diligently to provide a safe, socially responsible environment following local and state guidelines.
During the business meeting, drinks and appetizers will be available for your guests to enjoy as they wander through the grounds. Then, beginning at 7:00 we will have live music, along with wine, cider, and a food truck.
Watch your inbox in August for your evite or go to our website for more information.
STUDY CLUB NEWS
Study Club Season Moving to Calendar Year
Beginning in January, the Fifth District Study Club season will transition from a school year schedule to calendar year. Those who purchase the prepaid season membership package will receive a discounted rate for all CE programs sponsored by the Fifth District during a given year.
At this time, the Program Committee is negotiating with venues and speakers for two events in early 2021--January 22 or 29, and March 5. The 2021 Study Club Season Membership will include these events as well as the Dental Symposium scheduled for September 17, 2021.
Specific tuition rates have not been determined yet, so continue to watch your inbox and upcoming newsletters for specifics.
Our deepest condolences are extended to the family and friends of these Fifth District members:
Dr. John Thornburg of Ottawa, who passed away March 11
Dr. Edward Cantrell of Olathe, who passed away July 8
Step by Step
Below are links to common concerns in dentistry during COVID-19.
For the most current information, refer to ada.org/virus and ksdental.org.
- ADA Annual Meeting. ADA FDA 2020 meeting goes virtual October 15-17 and registration opens August 12 on ADA.org/meeting.
- Paying Staff for COVID-19 Leave. Click here for an informative FAQ sheet (available to ADA members only).
- Team or Family Member Tests Positive. Here are helpful protocols to follow if a staff or family member tests positive for COVID-19 (available to ADA members only).
- Patient Return Resource Kit. With the COVID-19 pandemic, patients may have questions when resuming their dental visits. The ADA has put together a toolkit resource to support you and your dental team in communicating with your patients how you are putting their health and safety first (available to ADA members only).
- Charging PPE Fees. The ADA strongly encourages dental offices to disclose any additional fees upfront to patients and document these charges in the patient record. Click here for coding and billing interim guidance along with a list of insurance carriers offering support for additional PPE expenses.
- Relief Fund Updates. A July 28 ADA webinar with updates on SBA Loans, Provider Relief Fund, Labor Issues and Congressional Action is now available online.
- Continue to check ada.org/virus and ksdental.org/virus for the latest information.
Dentists Have Until August 3 to Apply For Funding From HHS Provider Relief Fund
Dentists who were previously ineligible for relief can now apply to receive funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Provider Relief Fund. This fund distribution is for all eligible dentists, unlike the initial Medicaid/CHIP provider targeted distribution last month.
View eligibility requirements and more in the KDA COVID-19 Resource Center at ksdental.org/virus
SPECIAL WEBINAR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5
How COVID-19 Is Impacting Dental Practices and Patient Attitudes toward Visiting the Dentist
Experts will discuss:
- The latest data on patient volume, collections, PPE stockpiles in dental practices across the U.S. drawn from the ADA Health Policy Institute’s bi-weekly tracking poll.
- Never before seen research on consumer sentiments about visiting the dentist from Engagious, a renowned consumer research firm with which the ADA has partnered.
- The ADA’s role in supporting dentists and safeguarding the safety of the public during the pandemic.
To register, click here.
ADA Management and Membership Conference Week has a reimagined format this year, pivoting to a virtual series of webinars. Every session is open to all state and local society staff and volunteers, and will be held weekly through the remainder of 2020.
You must register separately for each session. View the agenda and register today
Looking for Ethics CE Hours?
The American College of Dentists offers tuition-free ethics courses online. Go to the CODE tab at dentalethics.org
to get started.
Fifth District Directories
Fifth District member and specialty directories are posted on our website.
To access the locked content, use your ADA login information.
Fifth District Calendar
2020-21 STUDY CLUB PROGRAMS
January and March 2021 Fifth District CE programs (Details TBA)
2020-21 MEETINGS AND EVENTS
September 24, 2020 in Martin City Annual Business Meeting and President's Social
FIFTH DISTRICT EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETINGS
August 4, 2020 at Jenkins & LeBlanc Overland Park Office
GREATER KANSAS CITY CE CALENDAR
An added benefit to living in the Kansas City metro area is the availability of quality CE programs through our sister organization in Missouri, Greater Kansas City Dental Society. For more information, call 816.737.5353 or email email@example.com.
- August 28, 2020 OSHA Half-Day Program
- September 18, 2020 Practice Management
- October 9, 2020 Sleep/Occlusion Treatment Planning Lecture
- November 13, 2020 Restorative/Cosmetic Lecture